Silverstream Medical Centre acknowledges the rights of the patient outlined within the Health & Disability Commissioners Code of Rights. We aim to provide a high quality, professional service for all patients at all times.
If you have any complaints about the treatment or service you have received from us we would like to know. We encourage you to provide full details of your complaint in writing to us as soon as possible so we can fully investigate your complaint.
Complaints officer: Rachel Fitzgerald
Persons responsible if complaint is about the complaints officer: Dr John Dehn
If you make a complaint to us we will:
- Let you know that we have received your complaint within five working days unless it has been resolved to your satisfaction within that time
- Let you know within ten working days whether or not we feel your complaint is justified. If we need more time to investigate your complaint we will advise you of this and why more time is needed.
Once we have made a decision regarding the acceptance or otherwise of your complaint we will:
- Provide you with reasons for our decision
- Advise you of actions we propose to take
- Advise you of the practice appeal procedures and your rights to complain to the Health & Disability Commissioner or the Privacy Commissioner.
For complaints that take some time to fully resolve we will advise you about the progress of your complaint each month.
At any time you require we will provide you with all the information that the Silverstream Medical Centre holds that is or may be relevant to your complaint.
Following a test, if you do not hear from us, you can assume the results were normal.
All abnormal results are followed up by the clinical staff who will call you on your provided telephone number. Please ensure that reception have your correct contact details.
We are more than happy for you to check on your results status, or confirm that they are normal by contacting the practice.
Please contact us and make an appointment to see your doctor if your problem is not resolving and your require further investigation.
Please note reception is not able too help you with your results, in the event you call and a nurse is not available, a message will be left and you will be contacted by the end of the day on your preferred phone number.